The Mandel Foundation–Israel believes that every person has the right to live a life of equality, respect, comfort, and independence. Accordingly, we are committed to ensuring accessibility to people with disabilities, and have invested in making both our physical facilities and our digital content accessible to people with all abilities.
- This website has been reviewed by software developers at
EqualWeb, and has been remediated to meet the
WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards at the AA level.
- The website meets the requirements of the Israeli Equal Rights for People with Disabilities (Service Accessibility Adjustment) Regulations of 2013 and complies with the Israeli standard (TI 5568) for Internet content accessibility at level AA.
- The site provides a semantic structure for assistive technologies and supports the standard conventions for navigation with a keyboard, using arrow keys, Enter, and Esc for exiting menus and windows.
How Does the Accessibility Software Work?
This website features an accessibility menu. Clicking on the menu makes accessibility buttons available. After selecting the relevant menu items, wait for the page to be loaded.
The accessibility software works with the popular browsers Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox, and Opera. For best results, the manufacturer recommends using Chrome when using the accessibility mode.
In order to get the best browsing experience with screen reader software, it is recommended that you use the latest NVDA software.
Using the accessibility widget is subject to EqualWeb’s Terms of Service, which can be found on the company`s website.
Accessibility Modifications and Functionalities
- There is an option for keyboard-based navigation
- The website has been adapted for assistive technology such as NVDA and JAWS
- Moving elements and blinking can be stopped
- Fonts can be enlarged up to 4 levels of magnification
- Contrast can be changed so that there is either a dark or light background
- Adaptation is available for color-blind users
- Fonts can be changed for better readability
- The cursor can be enlarged and its color changed to black or white
- The display can be enlarged to approximately 200%
- Links can be emphasized
- Headings can be emphasized
- Alt texts are presented to describe graphics
- A text reader enables listening to content without external screen readers
- Voice commands enable navigation by voice
- The site includes an accessibility statement
- It is possible to send feedback regarding the site’s accessibility
Despite our efforts to make this website accessible to a wide range of disabilities, you may find some content that is not completely accessible. If you encounter a problem, please contact
or reach out to the Mandel accessibility coordinator, whose contact information is provided below.
Physical Accessibility of the Mandel Headquarters
The Foundation’s building in Jerusalem, which was completed in 2020, was planned and constructed in accordance with the requirements of Israel’s accessibility law. Measures to ensure accessibility include:
- The elevators are handicapped accessible
- Bathroom stalls are handicapped accessible
- Audio equipment has been installed in all classrooms
- Handrails have been installed in the building and outside areas
- The building’s entrances all have accessible doors
- All sidewalks leading to the building have been lowered and comply with Israel’s new accessibility regulations
- The parking lot has designated parking spaces for people with disabilities, in accordance with the relevant regulations
- The passageways and stairs in the building are clearly marked as required
- There are signs in the open areas of the building
We Are Open to Suggestions
The Mandel Foundation–Israel is continuing its efforts to improve the accessibility of its facilities and its websites, as part of its commitment to enable all people to receive the most accessible services possible.
If you encounter a problem related to accessibility, please contact us and we will make every effort to find an appropriate solution and resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
How to Contact Our Accessibility Coordinator
Name: Oshry Isschar
Telephone: +972-2-568-8816 | +972-54-888-3426